Why Use a Local REALTOR®
Your local REALTOR® is registered by the Real Estate Council of Ontario (RECO). A REALTOR® is a real estate professional belonging to the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), the Ontario Real Estate Association (OREA) and to the local real estate board, the Kawartha Lakes Real Estate Association.
Only REALTORS® have access to exposing your property on www.realtor.ca with an average of 3 million visitors each month.
Having successfully completed intensive real estate courses, REALTORS® have the skill set, expertise and experience that you will need. Your REALTOR® has been educated on the complex laws and regulations that impact the real estate profession. You can be assured that REALTORS® follow a strict Code of Ethics. In addition, it is mandatory for REALTORS® to maintain their registration by completing continuing education in the real estate profession every two years. For a comprehensive step by step guide to buying and selling your home visit www.howrealtorshelp.ca and www.wedothehomework.ca. For commercial real estate, visit www.howcommercialrealtorshelp.ca
Your Local REALTOR®
- Has a network of resources available i.e. home inspectors, contractors, cleaners, financial sources and others
- Works within the framework of insurance and liability coverage
- Will protect your interests and look after details
- Will work with you as an active partner in the process, working together every step of the way
For many, buying a home is usually the biggest purchase you will make. That is why it is so important to select a REALTOR®. Your local REALTOR® is invaluable in helping locate the property that is right for you.
- Has a great deal of knowledge of financing to assist you in evaluating mortgage options and obtaining attractive financing
- Is an experienced and skilled negotiator
- Is knowledgeable about real estate developments and trends providing facts, comparable prices, neighborhood trends, and housing market conditions
Your local REALTOR® provides a variety of services including help in setting a listing price within current market guidelines. They offer recommendations and advice to make your home more attractive and “saleable”, and will act on your behalf during negotiations. Your REALTOR® knows how to sell your home in the least amount of time for the best possible price.
- Will assist you in the development of a marketing plan to sell your home
- Provides the necessary market exposure your home will need through the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) relaying your listing to thousands of REALTORS® and potential buyers across the country.
MLS®; REALTOR® & REALTORS® are trademarks owned or controlled by the Canadian Real Estate Association used under license.